Cooking a delish weeknight dinner is the biggest chore to me. Making it a healthy one on top of that is sometimes the most difficult part too! I’m always looking for new quick and easy recipes to try out for my family and came across this one for healthy ground chicken meatballs.
So headed to my local Fry’s Grocery Store (love shopping there and saving money with their weekly coupons) and picked up some fresh all-natural Denmark Foods ground chicken. They’re a meat wholesaler here in AZ and I’m all about supporting + shopping local whenever I can!!!
From beginning to end, this quick and easy recipe took me only 10 minutes to prep and 30 to bake. You literally throw everything in a bowl, mix, form the meatballs, bake, and that’s it! Best part was there wasn’t a ton of dishes!! Only a bowl and a cookie sheet. (I used pretty little bowls for pics of ingredients for the gram, but definitely not necessary, lol.)
We ate these with some yummy Kroger Marinara Sauce on the side. My kids absolutely LOVED these little delicious protein packed ground chicken meatballs and my hubs took some to work for a healthy lunch the next day!
Here’s the super easy recipe I tried out. Making these with zucchini noodles next for a healthy spaghetti dinner next!
Baked Ground Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional – makes meatballs more moist and yummy)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- additional seasonings optional!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking sheet with foil, I used parchment paper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Roll into small balls, 16-25, place on baking sheet
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken meatballs are done