It’s the end of March and we’re just in the beginning stages of self quarantining in trying to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Even though I’m stuck at home with my two kids and husband (3 if you count our dog Hamilton) I still like to get up in the morning at my usual time, get dressed for the day, and put a little makeup on.
Sure I can definitely go bare faced for days, especially during this self quarantine phase, I mean no one important is really going to see me right?!
But here is where I disagree with this for several reasons.
From my own personal experiences, makeup has been something that I enjoy using daily that helps boost my self confidence and makes me feel like I’m more put together even if I’m just wearing a basic tank and pair of jeans around the house.
Here are a few more reasons of why I feel makeup is such an important part of my day.
It’s Healthy Self Care
YES, taking an extra 5-10 minutes alone to yourself in the bathroom to put your makeup on is considered self care ladies! So many of our mornings are spent rushing around…trying to get the kids up and out of the house on time for school…rushing so you’re not late for work…taking care of everyone else’s needs before your own.
Giving yourself a little bit of grace and extra loving is always welcome in my book and a quick little easy makeup routine everyday can be just what you need in your busy life!!
Allows Me to Be Creative
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve practiced that Taylor Swift cat eye on myself!! You know the one…the same eyeliner look Lauren Conrad is always seen rocking. And you know after about after 50 tries I was finally able to do a little semi cat eye only self and couldn’t have felt more proud to master such a tricky makeup technique!!
We were always encouraged to be creative as kids and there’s no reason that should stop now just because we’re adulting! Makeup is a fun personal way people can express themselves and show their individuality.
Makes Me Feel Like A Mom Boss
Sure my day may not be filled with a ton of business meetings or clients to see, but I’m still running the show at home and all moms out there know it’s definitely a 24/7 job! When I get ready in the morning and put my makeup on it almost feels like war paint I kid you not!! Totally makes me feel like I’m ready to conquer whatever obstacles get thrown at me and handle that ish like the boss that I am!!!
Here is the list of my top 5 Minimal Makeup Products I’m
wearing right now!!!
- Tatcha Under Eye Illuminator : LIFE changing under eye brightener that moisturizes your skin at the same time.
- Tatcha KISSU Lip Mask : non-sticky lip mask that softens and smoothes your lips while giving them that plumping effect too.
- BADGal Bang Volumizing Mascara : BEST mascara I’ve ever used!!! Gives me fuller, thicker, and longer lashes in just a few layers without the clumping!!!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil : That perfect filled in natural brow without spending a fortune on micro needling!! It has a nifty brush on one end that’s easy to use to get those natural looking hair brush strokes.
- NYX Highlight & Contour Palette : I use this versatile palette for everything!! Eyeshadow, cheek color, highlighter…easy to blend and great for traveling too if you don’t want to pack a ton of makeup items.
Shop my favorite minimal makeup products below!!