J and I have been married for over 12 years and sometimes we struggle with ideas on how to keep things fresh and new in our marriage. With 2 little kids at home and a busy family schedule, sometimes it’s hard to find time for ourselves to schedule date nights in-between all the madness.
This year for Valentine’s Day I planned a little at home day date…let’s just be honest…I can’t stay up past 9pm anymore so this was GENIUS in my opinion!!
Wanted to do something simple and not too expensive so I figured it would be fun to try out a new recipe together. So I found a super healthy and easy recipe I knew my husband would appreciate AND love making because it wasn’t too labor intensive.
I headed to my local Fry’s Grocery Store and stocked up on goodies I needed. I love buying their Simple Truth products because they have organic products at super affordable prices. Plus there’s a huge variety of items that are free from over 101 artificial preservatives and ingredients I can choose from for my family.
Then the magic happened…JK. But seriously it was really refreshing getting in the kitchen with my husband and cooking together. I can’t honestly remember the last time we did this!
As we were mixing up all the ingredients and flipping the pancakes it kinda felt like a first date all over again! The tunes were playing in the background and we were making a huge mess and getting dirty (the PG13 kind) but it felt so refreshing! I swear I think cooking meals has become such a dreaded daily chore that we forgot how much fun it was to create something new and yummy together.
In the end our healthy protein pancakes turned out delicious and even our kids chowed down on some later. I’m definitely saving this healthy and quick little recipe and making again for my family!!!
Here’s what I did if you want to give these a try yourself!
HEALTHY PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 2 EGGS (next time I will use egg whites to make it even healthier)
- 2 scoops of Whey Protein Powder
- 6 Tablespoons of Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- Cooking Spray (Simple Truth Ghee Clarified Butter w/Sunflower and Olive Oil is my go healthy go to!)
- Heat non stick pan or griddle to medium heat
- Mix the eggs, protein powder, almond milk and baking powder in a big bowl
- Pour batter into the skillet…I made heart shaped pancakes using metal cookie cutters from Fry’s
- Serve with your favorite sugar free syrup, fruit and chocolate chips and ENJOY!!!